I am confused about the meaning of this Hadith. It is narrated in the Sahihain that the Messenger of Allah said:
“Allah has not sent down a disease except that He has also sent down its cure.”
I do not deny the Hadith, but I’m confused on the meaning because some people have what is known as incurable diseases such as the Aids virus, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and a few others.
In light of this can you kindly explain the Hadith?
As Muslims, we believe that Allah Ta’ala is able to cure every disease.
Therefore consider the following:
- The Hadith in Sahihain (Bukhari and Muslim) states that Allah Ta’ala has sent the cure for every decease to earth. If the medical professionals haven’t found any cure for particular diseases, it proves their lack of research, nothing else.
- The Hadith didn’t specify any particular form of treatment/medication. It is possible, the cure for certain diseases are found in plants or herbs that have not yet been explored by the scientists.
- There are numerous incidents of people who were cured through alternate medicine after failing with the medical prescriptions and vice versa. Many of them had the diseases that you term as ‘incurable’.
- It is also possible that some patients are cured with a particular treatment and not others. In reality, it is Allah Ta’ala Himself who puts the cure in these treatments.
- One should continue searching for a cure to his ailment. In addition to this, du’a can be a potent cure too, and should therefore not be overlooked.
And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.